1. Water consumption: in agreement with the Government of Monaco, the SMA obtains its on-board water supply from the draw-off point in the Ruelle St-Jean, which is itself supplied by the Vallon de la Noix spring. This water, which was previously lost at the bottom of the Vallon because it was not drinkable, now allows us to conserve drinking water.
2. Cleaning products: as part of its environmental policy, the SMA only uses products that have been awarded the "Respect environnement" label, and is careful to limit the use of phytosanitary weedkillers.
3. Electric vehicles: each time it replaces an internal combustion-powered vehicle, the company assesses the possibility of investing in electric vehicles. Supervisory staff use electric bicycles provided by the Compagnie des Autobus de Monaco.
4. Battery disposal: the SMA has set up an environmental traceability system for the disposal of batteries from its electric vehicles.
Draw-off point in Ruelle St Jean
Comply with European standards for atmospheric emissions limits.
- Atmospheric: dust, HCL, DeSOx, DeNOx, DeBiox
- Liquids: neutralisation and discharge into wastewater networks